FIND OUT ABOUT CLAIMS
Before, during, and after a loss, Johnson Insurance is going to be here for you. We want to make sure you have important contact information in the event that you need to file a claim.
When you are reporting a claim, please be prepared to provide the following:
- Your policy number
- Location address of the loss
- List of impacted structures or property
- Descriptive summary of the claim, including whether or not you are displaced. This will help the insurance company prioritize claims for processing.
- Your preferred contact information, including phone number and email address
OPTION 1: DIRECT REPORTING
Some insurance carriers have direct claims reporting lines (see below). Direct reporting expedites your claim as the insurance company immediately receives your information and is able to more quickly assign an adjuster.
Direct Claims Reporting Information:
Auto Owners 1-888-252-4626
National General 1-800-468-3466
Piedmont Mutual 1-800-356-4167
*Personal policies only; commercial clients, please contact us.
OPTION 2: CONTACT US
If your insurance carrier is not listed, or you’re not sure which carrier your policy is with, you may contact us using any of the following methods:
- By phone at 800-255-7777 or 336-751-6281. We have 24/7 customer service for claims!
- By text at 336-407-2871 (critical: include your name in your text message)
- By email to email@example.com
- By fax to 888-541-6815 or 336-751-0141
IMPORTANT: If you’ve successfully reported a claim, either direct to the carrier or to us using one of the above methods, rest assured that it is being processed. Please DO NOT use another method to report the same claim. The filing of duplicate claims will cause a slowdown in processing your claim.
- You are authorized and expected to make any repairs that are necessary to prevent further damage after a loss. Take pictures if possible, save receipts, and record any expenses you incur in doing so. Provide these to your adjuster once your claim is being handled.
- Your adjuster will be your best point of contact during the claims process, as he or she will have the most current information about your claim and payment. If you have any concerns that your claim is not being handled well, please contact us so we can help.
- Insurance companies are often swamped with claims after a widespread event such as a hurricane. Major structural losses will be prioritized over smaller claims. Contracted adjusting firms from other regions will be brought in to help provide manpower to settle claims as quickly as possible. Be sure to document the name and contact information of your adjuster so you can communicate easily with him or her as needed.